South Australia offers a fertile ecosystem for growing creative and technology enterprises within a culture of creativity, connectivity and collaboration.
Our capital city, Adelaide, is the most advanced environment for start-ups in Australia and is ideally located to service the growing technology markets of South East Asia, China, India and Japan. Adelaide is also Australia’s only CISCO Lighthouse City and the first in the southern hemisphere, providing local businesses with access to the company’s huge global network.
Our excellent technology infrastructure makes our state a great choice for enterprises such as support services, cyber security and software development, whilst our geographic location enables work to be delegated across time zones.
We are also known for delivering high quality ICT capabilities, at globally competitive rates meaning investors have access to a deep, local talent pool.
In South Australia, you'll find:
- over 30,000 South Australians working in ICT with a significant salary differential providing clear cost advantages
- Australia’s only CISCO Lighthouse city
- Tonsley – Australia’s first innovation district, where new products are created and commercialised through collaborations between industry and academia
- 500 IT graduates including 200 postgraduate degrees
- Australia’s first GigCity network providing affordable one gigabit connections, with speeds of up to 10 gigabits per second also available
- strength in the emerging cybersecurity field with global companies such as IBM and NEC
- Smart City Studio – an innovation lab for entrepreneurs, community and researchers
- home of Australia’s simulation and modelling industry (and Simulation Australasia), including product lifecycle management (PLM)
- world-leading creative businesses and talent through companies such as Rising Sun Pictures, Technicolor and KOJO.