The Government of South Australia maintains a trade and investment office located in London, headed by the Agent General for South Australia, Bill Muirhead AM.
The Office of the Agent-General increases awareness of South Australia and drives preference for the state as a competitive destination for foreign investment, migration, study and tourism.
The Office acts a single point of contact for the government to coordinate information, facilitate introductions and arrange site visits with the aim of establishing new businesses in South Australia.
The Office provides a number of services, including:
- facilitating UK and European Foreign Direct Investment into South Australia
- providing market knowledge, advice and connections across the UK and Europe to assist South Australian organisations and exporters
- facilitating UK and European migration to South Australia through skilled, business, tourist and student migration programs
- managing the South Australia Club to facilitate investment opportunities and provide a platform for South Australian food and wine exporters
- supporting expatriate South Australians in the UK and Europe and where appropriate, mobilising South Australians in support of the state’s development objectives
Many services are offered free of charge, including the highly regarded Soft Landings program, which comprises a day of bespoke meetings with specialists in Australian property, legal, tax, recruitment and finance issues.
Visit New South Australia for further information and to read about their success stories.